Wednesday, October 28, 2020

I had the fortune of attending a few days' remote training recently during which I learnt some useful and interesting things which I hope in time to implement. 

Today, I wanted to continue my theme from last post regarding blessings. I am truly thankful for all that I have and for this reason I am re-posting something I wrote in 2017 which seems fitting. 




Gratitude is something that comes with age and wisdom.

How can you be grateful for what you have until you have known its loss? Abundance and joy can only be appreciated once loss and sadness are known. So I am grateful for my health because I have been so ill I thought I would die. I am grateful for my closest and most trusted friendships because I have known their opposites.  I am grateful for love because I have experienced its loss. I am grateful for all that is beautiful in mankind because I have seen its polar opposite: ugliness at its very core.

I am grateful for my freedom because I have escaped captivity. I am grateful for my education because of the opportunities it has afforded me when so many do not have these. I am grateful that I can have a fulfilling life, with enough food, water and shelter to never question where my next meal will come from or where I will lay my head.

Life is a gift which I unwrap each day grateful that my eyes still open, my legs still move, my heart still beats and my mind still works.