Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Index fingers

I am suffering from repetitive strain injury on my two index fingers. Why you may ask?

Well, I am not a touch typist and I have been madly trying to finish my MA assignment. I predominantly use these fingers and the strain is starting to take its toll, so I am now resorting to using my two middle fingers to type. I really need to learn to touch type!

I have been staring at the screen so much that yesterday I felt seriously dizzy. My head feels like soup because I have done so much reading for this task. No one can accuse me of not giving it my all. It is my first module assessment!

But I am a wee bit stressed because of it. I nearly broke the card reader at Tesco when I punched in my pin trying to pay for my shopping...

'There's something wrong with this,' I said as I punched on the number nine key for the third time with no success.
'Press harder,' the cashier said.
So I did, and yes, you guessed it, the key came loose and fell off.
'Oh no I've broken it,' I said. Then laughed slightly madly just because of the day I'd had (how insane must I have looked?) and and yes, there was a queue and yes it was those damn index fingers again.

Stress affects my sanity.

So, I'm calling it a day, now. Still not quite completed the assignment. I have a feeling I may be driving it to Winchester Sunday evening, rather than getting it in the post in time for Monday.