Monday, May 08, 2006

News

It's late and I should be in bed, but the draw of the blog just got the better of me. I went to a new writers' group this evening and spent the two hours listening to people's work and hearing constructive criticism. Writers' groups are a good way to keep the motivation going.

I've made some headway with my plot for The View from My Window, and I believe I have an idea for my end which is great news.

Other news: I got a polite letter from the agent regarding One of a Kind a couple of days ago acknowledging my submission and saying that they'd get back to me when they'd considered it, so let's keep our fingers, toes and eyes crossed.

And: my York Notes will be published at the end of August. The notes are on Amazon but my name's not yet, nor is an image... Still, have a look.

The Wylie Merrick agency which is linked, is posting some really useful stuff on why agents reject manuscripts which is worth a gander.

For those of you who are interested, the meaning and origin of the phrase to gander at something are: 'Look at, glance at. This slangy idiom, dating from the early 1900s, presumably came from the verb gander, meaning "stretch one's neck to see," possibly alluding to the long neck of the male goose.'

Always enlightening, I know.