Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The art of writing

Well, the manuscript is in the post to the agent finally. Re-reading it was a task and a half! The drafting and editing process is an important one but it can be difficult. Learning to cut out chunks of your work, develop some of your ideas and abandon others takes time. Getting the writing to read and sound like it's effortless takes a lot of effort! Oh how ironic!

In fact this article covers the topic quite nicely. I like the advice on verbs and description. It's worth a read.

Now that One of a Kind is in the post, I've started my next novel. It's got a working title of The View from My Window but this may change.

I need to do quite a lot of research for this one as it's based on an area I know only a little about. That's my problem- I come up with fantastic ideas for starting chapters and then need to think about the end. I'm plotting it at the moment so it may be a while before my next post. Till then, happy writing all.