Friday, September 16, 2016

Relaxed

Well the temperature today is hot and I have been taking it easy as a result. I am mid way through the book I am reading for my reading club and earlier this week I read a fellow writer's short story that I found to be mystical and lyrical in its quality. It was set in the US and followed a mother's journey to heal her dying child. It was moving and beautiful at the same time.

Carrying on with this theme of motherhood, I went to see Bridget Jones' Baby with a few friends today. The latest in this series of films proved to be a very funny addition- probably funnier than the first two, with some real laugh out loud moments, so that even though I had had a tooth removed at the dentist yesterday, and was in a bit of discomfort, I laughed through the pain. Colin Firth was charming and that man from Gray's anatomy was in it too, so this really was one for the ladies.

With lots to do work wise, I have not dedicated much time to my writing but hopefully this coming week I will put aside a few hours to continue with my work in progress.