Saturday, August 13, 2016

UK Summer 2016

Well it is about time I posted again as I realise it has been an embarrassingly long time since my last update.

After working on contract in school improvement overseas, I returned to the news that the work overseas was a great success. All three schools gained candidacy for an international body and two out of three gained three years accreditation by the local body. Much rejoicing is required!!

So here I am enjoying all that British summers have to offer - the sun (yes I got sunburnt in the UK of all places), the greenery and the shops. Sunburn aside Fairlop Waters one of the places where I enjoyed the greenery and sun is well worth a visit. The other- part of the Monmouthshire canal- also is worth visiting.

Since returning from overseas where I was working I have caught up with a number of friends in this post referendum UK and am determining how best this will impact us all here in the UK.

I tried out a few new eateries on my travels: one was the Feel Good Cafe in Chingford which while tucked away down a quiet walk way, had rave reviews and is well worth visiting. I indulged in a vegan burger and an organic lemonade drink which were lovely. If ever you are in the area why not visit? Another place in that area is the local cafe called Belgique which serves pastries and baked goods and sandwiches. Their cheese salad baguette was scrumptious.


The other vegetarian eatery I visited was the award winning Warehouse cafe  which again served a range of lovely vegetarian and vegan cuisine which a friend had kindly looked up for us.






 I also discovered the wonders of Druckers Vienna Patisserie.


A bit of time in West Wales was spent in a quiet corner on a writing and relaxation retreat after a hectic and very stressful year. Writing projects which have been much neglected may be revived but this all depends on what the future holds!