Thursday, February 19, 2015

A welcome change

This half term week has been wonderfully insightful and a welcome break.

The weather has been changeable and I sense a change in the tide- in all ways. I spent a couple of days in a school on the Kent, London border, just before the half term break carrying out some review work, which I enjoyed- and having had a lovely few days away, I feel quite refreshed.

Some people prefer breaks overseas but you can't underestimate what the UK has to offer, particularly when the sun decides to shine- as it did for the few days we spent down in Devon.  It wasn't the first time down that way but we did make our first visit to Dartmoor this past week- where much of one of my favourite Conan Doyle novels is set. In fact there are a number of tours built around The Hound of the Baskervilles story in that part of the country.

There were some beautiful sights on Dartmoor and once I set aside a few minutes I will upload some photos that I managed to snap.

The break away from work and a number of recent developments have breathed some fresh air into things and bode well for the future- a future to which I am most definitely looking forward!

As J.R.R. Tolkien once said 'The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.'