Friday, August 24, 2007

Memory Lane

I am writing this with a very slow internet connection... we're talking slower than a snail, so this will be short and sweet and I will definitely not be attempting to upload any pictures. It is 45 degrees centigrade in the shade out here in Kuwait where I have been taking a walk down memory lane, it being the place I grew up. Given that it's been some seventeen years since I was last here, things have changed just a little.

I've visited my brother and his family who now live here. My three nephews who are lovely in small doses have, after ten days, driven me on occasion round the metaphorical bend and solidified my beliefs regarding when and whether to have children?!!

Nevertheless, I've reminisced, I've read, I've swum and I've shopped. And I have the slightest tan and painted toe nails. All in all, I'd say it's been a wholly successful and relaxing holiday. Back to the UK later today, so it'll be back to normality tomorrow. And back to school next week. I cannot wait ;-)