Sunday, May 20, 2007

Busy writing

I am focusing on my writing at the moment which is why you've not heard from me in a while.

All the same, I dropped by to let you know that the WH Smith Challenge English Series is advertised on the WH Smith site. The home page has links to it! And we should see the proofs pretty soon too. I'll also be getting proofs for the Philip Allan Year 9 Teacher Resource Pack in the next week.

I've had the proofs through for a couple of new resources for Classroom Resources and I am busy working on my fiction. I've also sent a sample of educational work to another publisher who asked for it. I'll let you know how that goes. In the meantime, I'm off for a walk and an afternoon of writing and editing.

An Update:
I had another rejection today but it was so kindly written it made me smile. I quote:

'Thank you so much for sending me your novel. You are a good writer with a fresh idea. However, I am not coming up with clear vision for selling this book and therefore don't think I would be the right agent for you. I had a similarly themed novel recently which has been most difficult to place. This might be influencing my decision. But your talent is impressive and I appreciate the opportunity to know your work.'

I'm not completely sure how my idea can be fresh if there is a similarly themed novel around, but what the heck, I can take a compliment! I certainly like the idea of my talent being impressive :-)