Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Polished

Well, the manuscript for One of a kind is in the hands of Royal Mail now.... I do hope the agent is happy with it. I think it's pretty polished now, although I'm never 100% satisfied with anything I do. There's always room for improvement.

As a treat for all my hard work I had my hair done today. Now this may sound trivial and un-noteworthy but it's a real biggie for me. I don't spend much money on myself and today I went wild. I got my hair highlighted and styled and for the first time ever I got a professional set of nails put on. They look really real. I was mightily impressed, if a little terrified of the Vietnamese lady who was just a tad rough with the electric file and glue.

I'm sure they'll drop off at some inconvenient moment and they make typing or doing anything with my hands a bit awkward but I'm sure I'll get used to them and in any case, I'm not about to let vanity stand in the way of my writing, now am I? Sorry no pics... yet!!